Sunday 14 December 2014

How long does it take to burn 100 calories?

Did you know that burning up an extra 100 calories a day could mean the difference between keeping a healthy weight and adding inches to your waist line.

As I said in my post last week, the simple way to try and increase the amount of physical activity you do is on a little and often bases everyday.  

So how can you achieve that? 

Here is a list of activities and the amount of time it takes to burn 100 calories:

Leisurely walk - 34 mins
Slow dance - 31 mins
Playing frisbee - 31 mins 
Hoovering - 29 mins
Pushing supermarket trolley - 25 mins
Leisurely cycle - 24 mins
Mow or rake the lawn - 24 mins
Playing with the kids -24 mins
Walking the dog -24 mins
Mop the floor - 21 mins
Was and wax the car - 21 mins
Paint and decorate -19 mins
Fast walk - 18 mins
Dancing - 16 mins
Dig the garden - 16 mins
Swim slow lengths - 16 mins
Tennis - 16 mins
Jog - 14 mins
Hike with backpack - 14 mins
Carry heavy shopping bags - 14 mins
Climb the stairs - 12 mins
Run (5mph) - 11 mins
Speed cycle - 10 mins
Competitive Football - 9 mins
Skip - 9 mins

See we KNEW that shopping was good for us!!!!!

Aileen x

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list as it shows how I can incorporate fitness into my household chores. At 57 I am the proud owner of a new skipping rope. I have discovered I can still skip and after one week I am up to 100 skips. I am not sure if I can reach 9 minutes but will give it a go and it sure beats mopping the floor for 21 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, so pleased to hear that this is helping you see how you can incorporate fitness into your daily tasks! Well done on the skipping! 9 minutes of constant skipping is pretty hard to achieve but you could always do 1 minute of skipping with some rest after etc for 9 times!
      Hope you enjoy the rest of the blogs.

      Delete