Monday 25 May 2015

Week 3 Nourish to Flourish update



We are now over half way through our challenge and we are all definitely getting the hang of listening to our bodies.


Did you know that every structure and function of the body depends upon nutrients.  So, on that note I want to add in the day of "IMPENDING DOOM"!

What do I mean by the day of IMPENDING DOOM?

It's that day when you wake up feeling completely unsettled and unnerved, like something terrible is going to happen, and you cannot work out why.  Usually within 48hrs of this it becomes apparent - your period has started!

This usually explains the emotional days, the crabbit days, the less than patient, take no crap days!  And is it just me that suffers from amnesia every 28 days? Because this emotional rollercoaster always comes as a surprise to me.  Then I forget about it again until the next month.  

Our hormones are greatly influenced by our nourishment and what we chose to put into our bodies. The more I follow my metabolic typing the less aggressive my cycle becomes with less peaks and troughs leading up to it (feelings of low, weepy).  I no longer get cramps or headaches and am much less tetchy (although I feel that may be contested in our house).  I feel as though my mind and body is in much more balance.

The more I work with woman the more I see these huge hormone imbalances.  They are unable to control a whole host of symptoms such as weight gain, migraines, depression, lethargy, thyroid/adrenal issues, IBS, endometrioses, the list goes on!  

Please be aware of what your body is saying to you.  It says it for a reason, the fist time will be a punch the second comes in with a sledge hammer. 


This weeks updates:

Another positive move forward.

Natasha has found she has not suffered from indigestion this week so has not needed to take her medication (I might add at this point, her medication is self medicated and I have had no influence or advice on this).  What has pleased her the most is getting back into her size 10 jeans.  We had discussed the weigh ins and she has not weighed herself - she has gone on how well her clothes fit.  Natasha's energy is still good.  The meat test I set her is still be completed so we will go through that next week.  Natasha had a go at making her own Rye bread - she said it was a fair bit of work - but good.

As for myself,  trying not to inhale my food was a huge challenge - with a busy week in the clinic I was chasing my tale so I do have to keep on top of that.  This week I have again felt less bloated and thoroughly enjoying feeling fresh.  Goals for next week.  Must keep on track of planning and preparing meals, especially lunches, so as I don't rush.

Sam :)

Over to Aileen:

At the beginning of last week I was feeling fairly confident that I was getting the hang of this metabolic typing lark- that was until I had a "moment of muffin madness"!  I was out with my mum last Friday and we decided to "treat" ourselves to coffee and a snack.  In a moment of weakness I opted for a muffin and couldn't wait to tuck into that delicious sweet treat.  What I wasn't prepared for was the almost instant feeling of guilt followed by a slow but most definite spiral back into my sugar-filled, carb-heavy ways!  I though that since I had started the day off in a bad way I might as well continue!  Needless to say that by that evening I felt bloated, lethargic, annoyed and full of regret.  My sugar/carb hangover cast a shadow over my weekend but I am only human after all - and will hopefully learn from this mistake.  We all fall off the wagon at some point but the important thing to remember is to get back on as soon as you have the strength - and that in itself is sometimes a very difficult thing to muster.  Don't be too hard on yourself!  You will get there in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment