Monday 1 June 2015

Challenge completed!


Four weeks ago we embarked on our "Nourish to Flourish" challenge.

I was terrified that I was going to struggle with changing my eating habits and feel hungry all the time!

Well do you know what, it was tough but it was no where near as hard as I thought.  

The whole purpose of doing the challenge for 4 weeks was that it would give us the best chance to break those old "bad" habits and instill the "good" patterns of behavior required for long-term success.

It has been working too!  I now know what to snack on rather than reaching for the most convenient, prepackaged "naughty" treat.  That in itself is a massive success for me!  I now choose not to eat those "naughty" treats because I know how it will make me FEEL - how it affects my mood, my clarity of mind and general energy levels - rather that worrying about how unhealthy it is for me.  I don't so much see it as depriving myself but more as ensuring that I am looking after myself better.  I have been re-educated about what type of food is best for my body and I am beginning to see a change.  

Remember, as with any new regime, the general rule of thumb is: 




So keep at it!

As with any big change, you are more likely to succeed if you start with just one or two areas and slowly build up.

If you have been inspired to make a change in your lifestyle just try and identify a few aspects to work on at first.  These may be things such as drinking more water, reducing your caffeine intake, avoiding sugary snacks, walking to work, improving your posture, incorporating more core exercises into your daily routine, going to bed earlier, eating at more regular times, eating slower!!! The list goes on and on!

And remember:


For those of you interested in what type of exercise session I wrote for us to do during the challenge, take a look at the new EXERCISE page.  

Now here is Sam with her final thoughts on the last 4 weeks:
 
It was easier to let Natasha speak for herself on this one.
 
"My overall thoughts are that this was the best thing apart from having my kids and getting married, that has ever happened to me. Before this I used to eat what most people would consider healthy, but when I started with MT my life changed my body changed from the inside out. I started to notice my skin looked better I had the most energy even after a hard day running after the kids cleaning the house and going to work after all that I still manage to squeeze in a cheeky work out. I was less bloated, I started drinking more water less coffee more herbal tea. I still have a long way to go but so far so good.  I struggled a bit this week I ate more than usual and I knew why. My cycle is due and I feel like a blob. But all I need to do is get on track again it's hard to stay focus, mind you no sugar but just eating wrong kind of food.in life we get one opportunity this is mine and I'm not going to stop fighting its a lifestyle for me now and this is for life. Oh and let's not forget I fit into my size 10 jeans I've lost half a stone in three weeks and lost half an inch of my waste, I have achieved a lot but not enough the only way is up from here. Thank you again Samantha for this life changing experience."

Thank you girls for participating.  I love what I do and it works if you are willing to put in the time and effort.  We are all different so our needs are different.  If it was easy to change we would all be glowing and well.  We all have our own journeys to complete.  You just have to chose which way you want to go.


Thank you to all of you who have followed us.  If you would like to do this program please to do not hesitate to contact myself of Aileen.  We cant wait to get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment