Saturday 3 January 2015

So here goes!

Well folks, I am delighted you have joined us in making small changes for January. These goals are going to grow each week with the guidance of Aileen and myself.

So, what I have decided to focus on this week will be tougher for some of you than others. I have kind of wrapped a few thing into one. Remember though our aims are only suggestions - it is your choice, each person is individual and respecting what your capabilities are is so important. 

So here goes!

You may want to reduce or have no coffee - think more herbal tea and most certainly more water.

My regime has always been  approximately 3 litres of water a day and sometimes more depending on the amount and type of training undertaken. For most people however this would need to be gradually built up. I encourage clients to drink water 30 minutes before eating and 2hrs after eating. I have always used Paul Cheks book "How To Eat Move and Be Healthy".

Some of you may find you experience a detox effect, this can come in the form of tiredness, headaches, etc. Always be sure to seek medical advice prior to engaging in any change of dietary lifestyle.

I look forward to seeing how you all get on next week. Be bold, be brave, let us know how you go! 

My vice will be the coffee. You never stand alone!

We are here if you need us. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, tough one Sam. I think I am going to tackle this by substituting my morning cup of tea for a herbal one, then replace my post school run one for hot juice etc. What do you think? Any other suggestions peeps? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Try if you are looking for something sweet lemon and honey in hot water is good and is very medicinal at this time of year :).
    My favourite teas are peppermint, dandylion and best of all Pau D'Arco -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow I will start the day with a mug of hot water and a wedge of lemon. It will hydrate me after sleep, boost my system with vitamin C and minerals, flush my body of toxins and make me feel alert. Looking forward to starting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is already the January the 12th but better late than never. It has always been at the back of my mind that I should cut back on the really strong black coffee that I drink twice a day. So from tomorrow I will aim for one strong black coffee in the morning and a mug of hot water or weak black tea the rest of the day. My final goal will be a nice cup of black coffee only when doing the cafe meeting with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Idea, Julie. Hopefully you see a difference in how you feel and sleep. Thanks for posting. We shall catch up next week and see how you got on :)

    ReplyDelete