Monday 27 July 2015

Inspiration!




"Right! I shall start the diet on Monday!"

Very familiar words I hear said.  In my previous blogs I have talked about learning to love yourself.  But I also recognise that people are unhappy with various aspects of their life.  That is something you do not have to live with.

Life is full of choices.  The "quality" of your life is directly reflected in making the right choices for you and your family.  However, sometimes we do get bogged down in the turmoil of not being good enough or "if only I could lose a few pounds/ a stone, I would be happy" - REALLY???

There are many things in life that we can buy and are thought to improve our happiness - cars, clothes, gadgets, boobs!  But, does it make us contented and happy or do we seek the next best thing?

I caught up with a client this week whom I hadn't seen in a long time.  She commented on how much she enjoyed reading this blog (from another continent!).  So I took the opportunity to ask what else would she like to see on it.  I was delighted with her feedback and it really inspired me.   I sometimes struggle to see the wood for the trees so this was a great light bulb moment.  I got to reconnect with my dream in life of coaching others!


  

So how can you find your "lightbulb moment" and make a change in the right direction?

There is something inside us that makes us feel "right that's it, I'm .............."!

This point is crucial and it's different for each of us.  For some it's hitting rock bottom, for others it's through inspiration from another source.   

Change can only happen when you know what you want; when you find what your dream or one love is.  There is much adage to the saying - "if you don't know where you are going, you will never get there".

So:

What gets you out of bed in the morning (and I don't mean an alarm clock or the fact that you HAVE to appear in at work)?  We all live for something or someone!

1.  Decide what you want or where you want to be (your passion, your love, your drive).

2.  Decide what it takes to get you there (relationships, money, time).

3.  How much responsibility are you willing to take in order to get this?

Once you have decided your overall passion/drive for life - now you can put the littler steps in place - the details.

And guess what? 

YOU get to chose how long it takes and what steps to take. The key to each little step is that it has to be achievable and realistic.  There is no point blowing yourself out the water on the first hurdle and making life so difficult it is miserable for you and those around you!  I read an article about there being no such thing as "falling off the wagon".  How true! we only live life; there is no perfection, so by allowing life to continue, it allows us to enjoy our amazing journey.

Then:

Reward yourself with something at the end of each small goal - a massage or a lunch/dinner out, nails done - something like this makes us feel good and also reinforces the belief that we are worth it!

Remember:

With having a main goal - we have a focus.

By rewarding ourselves - we reinvest in our happiness and worth.

By choosing to make positive change - you make a positive YOU.
  
Be responsible for your own health and happiness (as you are who it ultimately lies with).  

You cannot change others, however you can inspire them.  

Go for it (write it all down).  

Seek your dream and make your journey fun!

Sam xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment